Wall Mount Mailbox: Popular Designs, Pros and Cons
One of the most used mailboxes is the wall mount mailbox. As the name suggests, it is mounted on the outside wall of your home. They are very convenient as they are easy to access and install.
There are various designs and styles of wall mount mailboxes available in the market for you to choose. When choosing a wall mount mailbox it is important to consider the cost of the mailbox, type of mailbox that suits your preferences, material used in making of the mailbox and size of the mailbox. Also, ensure to inquire from your local post office, which mailboxes are recommended as their regulations set the guidelines the use of the mounted mailboxes.
Victorian wall mount mailbox – this mailbox has a unique design that features the use of motifs and classic patterns. It is mainly made from cast aluminum that has a coat finish that gives it a rustic appearance. It comes in various colors such as white, brown, bronze and brass.
- Classic wall mount mailbox – this mail box has a modern design. It is made from rust-proof aluminum and has an accent plaque that can be replaced. They come in various colors such as white, black and brown as like custom mailboxes.
- Chiffon mailbox – this mail box has a unique design and is made of ceramic materials combined with wood grain that are resistant to impact. They are durable and all-weather friendly.
- Bon Bobbi mailbox – this mailbox is made of stainless steel with a polyester coating. It is large and its door opens on the rear.
- Brass wall mount mailbox – this mailbox is made from brass metal that has different shades from copper, bronze and black pewter among others.
It is also possible to customize mailboxes according to your preferences. Customized wall mounted mailboxes normally have unique designs and some have initials of the home owner engraved on the mailboxes.
As the wall mounted mailboxes are for outdoor use, it is important to ensure they are secured so as to prevent strangers from reading your mails. It is thus advisable to install wall mount locking mailbox accessories on your mailbox as this will ensure security.
Advantages of the wall mount mailbox include:
- They are convenient as you avoid having to go to the post office
- They are easy to install
- They are made of materials that are durable and can withstand extreme weather
Its main disadvantage is that they can be broken into easily.
Nonetheless, mail boxes are quite convenient and they come in a variety. Therefore, when selecting a wall mount mailbox choose one that compliments your home and is of the appropriate size